If you like scuba diving and “work-cation” is part of your vocabulary, check out this one week scuba diving work-vacation at Blue Ventures in Belize. Help with efforts to rollback the lionfish invasion by participating in spearfishing hunts, measuring, dissecting and logging your lionfish catch, and conducting site surveys. Vollunteers provide their own flights, gear, hotels before and after camp. The trip costs approximately $790 for the week. The dive camp is in the Bacalar Chico Marine Reserve, part of the Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System which is an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Included in the cost of your trip:
- Accommodation for the duration of your stay
- Three meals per day, including tea and coffee at breakfast and lunch, during the dates of the trip
- Transfers to dive camp from our meeting point in San Pedro and return at the end of the week
- Science training with our team
- Belize Fisheries Department lionfish hunter license
- PADI SCUBA tune-up course (including manual) with dive instructor on arrival
- SCUBA diving
- Use of our SCUBA diving equipment: buoyancy control device (BCD); breathing regulator; weight belt; weights and cylinder
- Comprehensive logistical support and pastoral care from our team of permanent staff
- Health and safety provision from our Expedition Manager and SCUBA Diving Manager(s)
Scuba Diving Work-Vacation
There are two trips currently scheduled:
- Pick up – from San Pedro on Saturday 17th May 2014 (meeting place: My Secret Deli, next to the Belize Fisheries Department Hol Chan office at 3pm)
- Drop off – to San Pedro on Friday 23rd May 2014 (at 10am)
- Pick-up – from San Pedro on Saturday 24th May 2014 (meeting place: My Secret Deli, next to the Belize Fisheries Department Hol Chan office at 3pm)
- Drop off – to San Pedro on Friday 30th May 2014 (at 10am)
To contact Blue Ventures use this online form.
Location of Blue Ventures Dive Camp northeast of Belize City, Belize (green tent symbol). View in a larger map.